[postgis-users] 2010 Census

Dan Putler dan.putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Tue Mar 8 18:41:27 PST 2011

Hi Eric,

I'm not aware of any tutorial. Moreover, the redistricting data is just
now being released. However, I'm in the process of doing this at the
moment. I'm actually starting with the 2009 5 year summary for the
American Community Survey (or ACS) at the Block Group and Census Tract
levels. Really off topic for this list, but the long form was not used
in the 2010 Census. As a result, there are no housing, income, poverty,
commuting time, and a host of other variables reported in the 2010
Census. Instead, this information now is part of the ACS.

We can chat a bit more off list if you are interested.

Dan