[postgis-users] 2010 Census

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Mar 9 00:22:29 PST 2011

Eric,

I'm not sure if its any value to you, but the PostGIS 2.0 we upgraded the
Tiger geocoder to load in Tiger 2010 data.  We only loaded in the datasets
that were relevant for geocoding, but the system is table driven, so you
could use it to load the other datasets you care about.

http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-svn/Extras.html#Tiger_Geocoder

The generator is described  here:
http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-svn/Loader_Generate_Script.html

Although its pacakged in PostGIS 2.0, it will work in PostGIS 1.5 so you can
still use it if you don't want to try the PostGIS 2.0 SVN (not yet released
version).  In fact for our production use, we've been using it against
PostGIS 1.5.

Hope that helps,
Leo and Regina
http://www.postgis.us