[postgis-users] PostGIS ODBC Connection

Robin Stockman uk52rob at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 03:12:01 PST 2011

Hi All,

I have tried many searches to find a solution to this problem, but
unfortunately I am no further forward.

I have an installation of PostgreSQL and PostGIS (latest stable versions) on
a server, with which QGIS works fine. However, I installed the PostgreSQL
35W ODBC driver on a windows PC, as I wanted to create an access database
with a linked table to the PostGIS database.

Whilst the data from the PostGIS linked table is displayed without any
problems, if I change any value in any field I get the error:

"ODBC-update on a linked table 'public_shapefile1' failed.

ERROR: parse error - invalid geometry;

Error while executing the query (#7)"

Does anyone know why this is happening? I have not touched "the_geom" field
at all..

Many thanks,

Rob