[postgis-users] PostGIS ODBC Connection

Sean seanasy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 12:49:42 PST 2011

It has to do with how the ODBC driver tries to update the record.  It
creates a where clause for every field in the row. The value it
compares to the geometry field is not valid.

In the psqlODBC driver you can enable the option 'Row Versioning'
which will cause the driver to update with a where clause based only
on the primary key and any field with a unique constraint.

The setting is buried in:

Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC)
> File DSN > "your database dsn" > Configure > Connection > Page 2

   Sean