[postgis-users] raster2pgsql vs gdal2wktraster ...can someone clarify?

AJ7 ackbar at ackadij.com
Mon Mar 14 08:28:12 PDT 2011

Hi Pierre,
Thanks for this.

So would you advise me to get postgis from the trunk, and compile the
source, or its fine to work with the version from kyngchaos for now?

In terms of the image - well the image pixels all have a certain value
associated to them (its a probability map actually, so all the values per
pixel are between 0->1. I want to intersect a polygon (region) with this
image raster and pull out the mean probability depending on which pixels
were covered. The image is 3.5mb

If I don't import -k 1x1, then what is the best way to proceed? That's how
the image has been produced for me to work with - there is only 1 image.