[postgis-users] Building on Solaris 10 x86

Andreas Luka andreas at luka-online.de
Sat Mar 26 02:47:03 PDT 2011

Hi Martin,

Could you support us with some more information
1. Build Platform Sparc or x86
2. Compiler Version and compiler options
3. C-library version
I have no problems to compile geos and proj.4, but postgis is quiet difficult. The make file read some build-information from the postgresql installation (like the used compiler and some path).

I hope we have some day a smooth build-process and can include postgis in to the openindiana-distribution. The EnterpriseDB solaris version works well, but is still at version postgresql 8.3

Regards
Andreas