[postgis-users] Building on Solaris 10 x86

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Mar 24 14:39:06 PDT 2011

Vinicius Carvalho wrote:

> Thanks Jorge, after creating the symlink it passes that part but it
> seems that my gcc is not what postgis expects :(

I'm not sure which symlink you set, but from my perspective this looks
very much like an inconsistent compiler setup. There are strong signs
that you're mixing SunStudio and GCC, calling GCC as if it were
SunStudio CC, to be precise - which obviously leads to incompatible
compiler flags.

I'd recommend properly removing, deinstalling either one or the other -
and if you're using SunStudio (which I personally recommend because
I've been using it successfully for years and the resulting binaries
are quite efficient) strictly avoid installing GNU binutils.

> Man I hate Solaris ...

I think you're shooting the messenger  :-)

Have fun,
	Martin.