[postgis-users] "Linux" geocoder script ?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Mar 26 16:25:44 PDT 2011

Fork,
Forgot to mention:

We did also move some variables to the top for easier setting.

Unfortunately I don't think we can do that for the state names and codes as
you are trying to do because then we'd have to make the loader tables
portion be intelligent about the vaious OS variable placeholder syntax which
just didn't seem worth the effort and also not extensible,
So we opted to do the macro replace in the database which makes the output
shell script look repetitive.

I'm not sure just having the loader_generate_script plpgsql function just
stuff the state name and codes where it needs to be is not the best solution
given our desired requirements.

It just means you can't use the same exact script just replacing the state
name and codes for each call.

One change we were going to make was to have the generation script leave out
the top variables as an extra option.

That would allow you to just cut and paste the whole plpgsql generated
script in one file without having to strip out the repetitive declarations
of database, host, location of executables.

Thanks,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us