[postgis-users] please help "convert raster problem"

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Thu Mar 31 23:38:32 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 5:18 AM, Eman Sayed <eman_sayed80 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hello,
> i am using mapserver for windows (ms4w)
> ,postgres8.4,postgis2.0 and  pmapper template
>
> i converted a jpg(1.45 MB) into postgis by this commands:
>
> aster2pgsql.py -r 555.jpg -t tablename -o image.sql
> psql -h localhost -U postgres -d template_postgis -f image.sql
>
> it is take much time to convert and create one raster table with one row
> but when i open the table on postgres give me that
> "empty table" or postgres backend crash
> and i find nothing on the map with no errors
> can any body help me please

Hello,

About your pgAdming screenshot, that doesn't mean the table is empty.
Execute this query:

select rid, ST_AsText(rast) from tablename

You should see the column's rid and the WKT representation of your
raster column.

About the time, I don't really know. How much time did it take?, Do
you have a psql log output? 1.45 MB is a small file.

--
Jorge Arévalo
Internet & Mobilty Division, DEIMOS
jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com