[postgis-users] ST_Intersects

Birgit Laggner birgit.laggner at vti.bund.de
Wed May 4 00:30:01 PDT 2011

Hi Shreyes,

you have to create a new table and then insert the result of the
st_intersect in the new table, e.g. like this:

insert into new_table
select a.id, b.id, st_intersect(a.the_geom, b.the_geom)
from
table_a a
inner join
table_b b
on a.the_geom && b.the_geom
where st_intersects(a.the_geom, b.the_geom);

Hope that helps,

Birgit.