[postgis-users] postgis-1.5.2 build failure on HP-UX

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue May 10 06:58:07 PDT 2011

On 06/05/11 17:47, MUHAMMAD ASIF wrote:

> I am trying to build 64 bit binaries for postgis-1.5.2 on HP-UX B.11.31 (ia64 hp Integrity rx2800 i2). HP compiler was giving the following error message i.e.
> make -C postgismake[1]: Entering directory `/home/edb/AS90/postgis/postgis-1.5.2/postgis'cc +DD64 -Ae -E -traditional-cpp postgis.sql.in.c | grep -v '^#'>  postgis.sql.incc: error 1914: bad form for `-t' optionmake[1]: *** [postgis.sql.in] Error 1make[1]: *** Deleting file `postgis.sql.in'make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/edb/AS90/postgis/postgis-1.5.2/postgis'
> To fix it, I just removed the -traditional-cpp option that is related to GCC. Build seems fine. It can be compiled with non gcc compilers then why is there option "-traditional-cpp" hard coded related to GCC. Thanks.

I think Sandro was the person who did this part of the build system, so
perhaps he may know?

I also think that we should move away from using cpp and move the #ifdef
function logic into the main .c files so that they elog ERROR if they
are called on a server that doesn't have the necessary library. This
would also help my hacked up CMake build system I started working on a
while back...

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS