[postgis-users] encryption of PostGIS databases

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Thu May 12 18:30:21 PDT 2011

You can use the pgctrypto functions from contrib, but you might be better off securing the database and connections to it, rather than encrypting the data. Apart from the overhead of encrypting and decrypting the large volumes of data typically associated with geometry, I suspect your indexing would suffer.

cheers

Ben