[postgis-users] PostgreSQL table history tracking

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 13:40:43 PDT 2011

Dear PostGIS users,

I have finished first beta version of my history tracking functions,
which adds possibility to store full editing history of your database
tables, recover its state to any time, visualize diffs and place tags
to mark particular table state. It is possible to track both geometry
and non-geometry tables. Adding and removing history tracking if fully
transparent to client software and does no changes to original table
schema except adding some trigger function.

I would be very happy, if somebody will make a try and/or review a
code and post some feedback.

More information:
https://github.com/imincik/pghistory-tracker/blob/master/README
Source code: https://github.com/imincik/pghistory-tracker