[postgis-users] "function st_histogram2d_out(histogram2d) does not exist"

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at unep.org
Thu Nov 10 05:15:27 PST 2011

Hi,

I am running into the problem of not being able to install postgis into my postgres database, and don't find a solution on the Net.

I get this here:

     ~$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -U postgres -f /usr/local/pgsql/share/lwpostgis.sql -d my_database
     BEGIN
     CREATE FUNCTION
     CREATE FUNCTION
     CREATE FUNCTION
     CREATE FUNCTION
     psql:/usr/local/pgsql/share/lwpostgis.sql:70: ERROR:  function st_histogram2d_out(histogram2d) does not exist
     psql:/usr/local/pgsql/share/lwpostgis.sql:88: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

I am running 8.3.5, and it should be postgis 1.3.5 on Unix.

Thanks for any hints!

Stefan