[postgis-users] How can I divide up a region into a grid of rectangles?

MarkW mark.wimer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 16:37:53 PST 2011

This is kind of a simplistic approach maybe - because a simple grid
doesn't have to intersect with municipal features. But could you
simply decide on a rounding level that would give you what you wanted?
Round the lat/lons to a certain decimal level, then count by / group
on  those rounded lat/lons? Each one could represent centroid or a
corner of a grid.

Mark