[postgis-users] liblwgeom.h:18:31: error: ../postgis_config.h: No such file or directory

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Nov 10 22:46:37 PST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 07:44:15AM +0100, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:
> >> I am trying to install postgis 1.5.3, but get this message when doing the "make":
> >>
> >> liblwgeom.h:18:31: error: ../postgis_config.h: No such file or directory
> >
> > You're supposed to run ./configure before make.
>
> I did that.
>
> As hardly know anything about this stuff: Must I be root? Now, I am just a normal user...

You don't need to be root.
If you're updating a development snapshot from SVN you may have missed
to run ./autogen.sh which is what _creates_ the ./configure script
(thus you would have an older version).

Also check the output of ./configure as it should tell you something
about the creation of postgis_config.h (and check you have that file
afterwards)

--strk;