[postgis-users] moving from Postgres 9.0.4/PostGIS 1.5.3 to Postgres 8.4.9/PostGIS 1.5.3

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 18:37:57 PST 2011

I have to move data from Postgres 9.0.4/PostGIS 1.5.3 on cone computer to Postgres 8.4.9/PostGIS 1.5.3 on another. Following the instructions at http://www.postgis.org/docs/ch02.html#id2620102, I dumped the data

$ pg_dump -Fc olddb > olddb.dump

scp-ed a couple of GB to the other computer. But, I can't really locate the utils/postgis_restore.pl there. I am assuming this program will be in the source code tarball. My question -- is this the best way to go about doing what I have to do?

Of course, if I can help it, I will try to get Postgres 9.0.4 installed on the other computer as well, but am trying to prepare myself with information in case I am stuck with the older version of the db.

Suggestions would be very welcome.

--
Puneet Kishor