[postgis-users] Need Help :How to Install PostGIS Raster

Wendi Adrian wendiadriansaga at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 17:55:52 PDT 2011

Dear all,

it is great for me to join with you in PostGIS user milist. :)
I need your advices, maybe some of you have found same problems with me.
I have installed PostgreSQL v.9.0 and want to install PostGIS v.2.0 which I have download from Postgis website. The files was called postgis-2.0.0 SVN.
This supports PostGIS Raster database based on documentation I found.
I try to install it, but always find errors which can described as follow ;
1) I use command prompt to run makepostgisdb.bat but I adapt environmental variables in windows according to parameters.
2) when I run it, I get notification "operation aborted...transaction block"
3) I rename libiconv-2.dll in Postgresql/8.4/bin folder to any other name. This according to article on http://gis4free.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/how-to-install-and-configure-postgis-raster-on-windows.
4) But when I run makepostgisdb.bat again, I found another errors "can't find libiconv-2.dll....please re-install"
Do anyone can help me with this?

Thank you.

Regards,

Wendi A