[postgis-users] How To Load SRTM Files into PostGIS

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 05:39:27 PDT 2011

On Oct 6, 2011, at 4:24 AM, Jorge Arévalo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the current situation, I think PostGIS Raster won't work with PostGIS 1.5.3.
>
> But Puneet, both versions can live in the same system. You can compile
> PostGIS 2.0 with raster support, create a new database and enable it
> with PostGIS 2.0 including PostGIS Raster. At same time, your existing
> database, enabled with PostGIS 1.5.3, should work without problems.

This is great advice, allowing me to proceed forward.

So, to recap -- compile PostGIS 2.0 against my existing installation of Pg 9.0.x, against which my existing PostGIS 1.5.3 is also compiled.

Then, create a new database to hold only the raster data, enable it with PostGIS 2.0, without affecting my existing apple-cart.

Hopefully, it will all work, just as it for you.

Many thanks,