[postgis-users] Questions about the right uploading of raster data

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Tue Oct 18 05:17:50 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Giannis Giakoumidakis
<ggiakoumidakis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have one "rid" column and one "rast" column but only with one row, 1 - 0.
> So i guess the upload wasn't correct, right?

Try this query: select rid, st_astext(rast) from yourtable;

What do you see?

> I tried the command you said
> but no error messages.

After that command, did you load the resulting SQL file in your
database? The raster2pgsql command doesn't actually load the data, but
creates a SQL file that you must load in your PostGIS-enabled
database.

I use OSGeo4W console and i have installed through
> this the GDAL 1.8.1-1. Sometimes i get a message saying: gdalinfo.exe -
> System Error "The program can't start because MSVCR90.dll is missing from
> your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". I
> reinstalled osgeo4w but nothing changed. Maybe that's the problem? I should
> start installing dlls manually? Any other way to install gdal 1.8 without
> OSGeo4W in Windows 7 exists?

Check my post: http://gis4free.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/how-to-install-and-configure-postgis-raster-on-windows/

It may help you.

Best regards,