[postgis-users] Tiger Line 2010 - Edges

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Oct 18 10:26:58 PDT 2011

Rene,

Did you see the email Leo had posted

http://www.postgis.org/pipermail/postgis-users/2011-October/031132.html

The reverse_gecoder packaged with PostGIS  2.0 Tiger 2010 does output the
city names.

As Dan pointed out -- you need to join with the faces to get that.  Faces
also helps for determining which side of street a point falls in.

-- I've reposted Leo's email for completeness

Please let us know if anything is unclear.

Thanks,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us

--- LEO's email ---

Actually we implemented a reverse geocoding function too for tiger 2010.
That might be more what you are looking for.

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/browser/trunk/extras/tiger_geocoder/tiger_2010
/geocode/reverse_geocode.sql

The function usage is described here:

http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-svn/Reverse_Geocode.html

As far as installing the functions.  A lot fo the functions have
dependencies on other functions withing tiger schema.

If you download the latest PostGIS 2.0 tar ball, that might be the easiest
way to get started.
http://www.postgis.org/download/postgis-2.0.0SVN.tar.gz

 There is a create_geocode.sh/bat scripts that install all the functions in
the extras\tiger_geocoder\tiger_2010
  folder and a README which I think is more or less up to date detailing
installation etc.

Leo
http://www.postgis.us

 -- END Email