[postgis-users] Postgis 1.5.3 regression test failures

Stephen Davies sdavies at sdc.com.au
Wed Oct 19 16:57:29 PDT 2011

I totally zapped the postgis source tree and started again from the tarball.

Same result.

However, this time I captured the PostgreSQL log. For the period of the make
check run, the log is 5577 lines long but the first few lines are:

LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
ERROR:  parse error - invalid geometry at character 14
HINT:  "POINT()" <-- parse error at position 7 within geometry
STATEMENT:  select '50', 'POINT()'::GEOMETRY as geom;
ERROR:  parse error - invalid geometry at character 14
HINT:  "POINT(1)" <-- parse error at position 8 within geometry
STATEMENT:  select '51', 'POINT(1)'::GEOMETRY as geom;
ERROR:  parse error - invalid geometry at character 14
HINT:  "POINT(," <-- parse error at position 7 within geometry
STATEMENT:  select '52', 'POINT(,)'::GEOMETRY as geom;
ERROR:  parse error - invalid geometry at character 14

Obviously I am missing something crucial but I cannot see what.

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen