[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.0 (SVN rev7683) from source on Lion using MacPorts for dependencies

JP Glutting jpglutting at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 02:09:25 PDT 2011

Hi Bborie,

I did get this to work. All the dependencies needed to be compiled
+universal (geos only compiled properly by configuring the compile for an
older version of gcc). See details here:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2011-August/025349.html

I like using Macports because I don't have to manage all the dependencies by
hand (generally), I can uninstall cleanly, and it upgrades automatically.
The only time things get a little more complicated is when I want a newer
version of a package (like with PostGIS 2.0), but I can live with that.

Cheers,
JP