[postgis-users] ST_Insersection problem

G. van Es gves2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 06:38:02 PDT 2011

Sandro, thanks for your reply. You're right about "folding postgis 7 times" :-)

I'm having difficulties in isolating the offending geometries, which is mainly due to my lack of knowledge.

When I look at the location at 59647.5 392932 there is no intersection. Only when I use buffer(geom,1) there are two objects, one of them being a funny line of three points but still identified by PG as polygon.

So I'm a bit lost now. I will continue to try to isolate a few features to consistently reproduce the problem.

Ge