[postgis-users] Severe shapefile upload issues

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Apr 5 21:08:53 PDT 2012

Confirmed its a bug. I think it's a fairly easy one to fix so we should have
it fixed soon.

 I think it only happens if you use the new transform switch.  Can you
confirm you can import without using a transform.

I've ticketed it.

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1759

Regarding the:

 ALTER USER postgres set search_path to public,postgis;

I would highly suggest not doing that.  The user search_path overrides the
database search_path
and it will make things hard to debug since your postgres user then may
behave differently from other users.  Since you have your db search path set
right, you shouldn't need an explicit
search path setting on the user so I would remove that setting.

ALTER ROLE postgres RESET search_path;

Hope that helps,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us