[postgis-users] Integration of GPS data and raster time series

feurbano at clix.pt feurbano at clix.pt
Tue Apr 10 10:18:42 PDT 2012

Hi Pierre,
I used 50x50, but to be honest I did not try other sizes to optimize it.
(spatio-temporal) intersection with 1.200.000 gps locations is so fast (for my
goals) that I do not really need any further improvements (at least at the
moment). But if you suggest 10x10, I will try it.
Thanks
Ferdinando

>> In case someone is interested in the management of raster time series, I solved
>> importing all the images in the same table, same rast column.
>> I upload images with the file name, then a trigger "massages" the file name to
>> transform it in a timestamp data type.
>> At this point each tile has its timestamp and can be easily queried as a kind of
>> spatio-temporal object (including retrieving a temporal profile).
>>
>> Simple and fast.

>Thanks Ferdinando, that's the way to go. Did you spatially tile each raster as
well? Like 10 pixels x 10 pixels?