[postgis-users] Help please with PL/R

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Wed Apr 11 06:57:38 PDT 2012

Gery,

You have created two loess functions, one which accepts two arrays of doubles, and one which accepts a geometry and a double precision number.

You have two error messages :

On 10/04/2012, at 1:31 AM, Gery . wrote:

> CREATE FUNCTION
> psql:smoothingtest.sql:51: ERROR:  function loess(double precision[]) does not exist
> LINE 8:    SELECT loess(array_agg(st_x(point))) AS x, loess(array_ag...
>                   ^
> HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.

There is no function that I can see that accepts a single list of double values… you might want to count your brackets..!

> psql:smoothingtest.sql:53: ERROR:  function loess(geometry) does not exist
> LINE 1: select astext(loess(geom)) from chanaral_rawnav_point_wgs84;
>                       ^
> HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.

There is no function that I can see that accepts a geometry only… you have defined one that accepts geometry and a double precision number.

HTH

cheers

Ben