[postgis-users] Shp2pgsql-gui, Save to schema other than public?

Ryan Dalton ryankdalton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 21:25:13 PDT 2012

I just got PostGIS 2.0 installed and was using the Shp2pgsql-gui to load
some shapefiles into the database.  I have created a 'data' schema where I
was planning to store all of my imported data, but when I use the shapefile
import GUI, it does not appear as though there is an option to specify
which schema to load the data into, and it just goes into 'public'.

Is it possible to load to an alternate schema, and am I just missing
something obvious?  Maybe a future feature enhancement if not?

Thanks,
Ryan