[postgis-users] Question about the right installation of postgis 2.0.0

Giannis Giakoumidakis ggiakoumidakis at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 06:50:14 PDT 2012

I have followed the instructions from the manual. I have done the "configure" and "make" steps successfully and i got the message "PostGIS was built successfully. Ready to install.". But when I make "sudo make install" I don't get a message of full or succesfull installation, nor a message of mistake. It ends with that:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Desktop/diploma/Tools/Linux/postgis-2.0.0/extensions/postgis_topology'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Desktop/diploma/Tools/Linux/postgis-2.0.0/extensions'

So I wanted to be sure that I've done the installation right and i won't have problems after. Thanks for your advices.