[postgis-users] configure error: could not find gdal

Simon Ortet simon.ortet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 01:32:03 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to install postgis 2.0 from source and I get this error when
running "./configure --with-pgconfig=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config":

RASTER: Raster support requested
checking for GDAL >= 1.6.0... found
checking gdal.h usability... yes
checking gdal.h presence... yes
checking for gdal.h... yes
checking ogr_api.h usability... yes
checking ogr_api.h presence... yes
checking for ogr_api.h... yes
checking cpl_conv.h usability... yes
checking cpl_conv.h presence... yes
checking for cpl_conv.h... yes
*checking for library containing GDALAllRegister... no*
*configure: error: could not find gdal*
*
*
I tried with "--with-gdalconfig=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config" parameter as
well (although /usr/local/bin is in the path anyways) with the same result.

I'm running a Debian 6.0.4 64bits.
GDAL is installed from source and gdal-config is in the path. A
"gdal-config --version" command returns "1.9.0"

Could it be that my gdal is missing something? Any idea?

Thanks

Simon