[postgis-users] Raster import is causing Postgres to close

Burgholzer, Robert (DEQ) Robert.Burgholzer at deq.virginia.gov
Thu Apr 19 08:10:23 PDT 2012

If by a pop-up saying "PostgreSQL Tools has stopped RESPONDING", it may be the shear size of your file.  On windows, I have observed such a phenomenon when trying to import fairly large postgresql files (the size of yours ranks up there as fairly large).

To verify if this was the cause, excerpt your file, extracting the first 20 or so inserts and see if that will run successfully.  If so, you can try ignorning the "not responding" message and hope that it completes, or split the file manually, or by some other means into several smaller files.

HTH,
r.b.