[postgis-users] [!! SPAM] multipolygon to single polygon

ju julien.guilloux at ecrins-parcnational.fr
Thu Apr 26 08:02:22 PDT 2012

not clear...

1) if you have 4 polygons in 4 rows table distinct, this is not a multi
object issu. for  this case use
  dissolve to group polygone into only one, this is not a topic of dump.

2) if you have 1 geometry and 1 row on the tablme, so this is a multi
object topic
you must sperate the differents objet of the collection

here : http://www.postgis.org/docs/ST_GeometryN.html

--Extracting all geometries (useful when you want to assign an id)
SELECT gid, n, ST_GeometryN(the_geom, n)
FROM sometable CROSS JOIN generate_series(1,100) n
WHERE n<= ST_NumGeometries(the_geom);

best regards, julien