[postgis-users] Problem enabling postgis (Mac OS)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Aug 13 17:02:32 PDT 2012

On Aug 13, 2012, at 6:43 PM, António Rodrigues wrote:

> I uninstalled everything (again) manually since the binaries I last used (from http://postgresapp.com/) did not have any uninstaller.

OK, you used a different Postgres in the past, and uninstalled that (I've never heard of postgres.app, but it looks like a simple uninstall).  It sounded like you tried uninstalling my Postgres.

> I installed again the binaries from kyngchaos. Postgis is in /usr/local/pgsql-9.1/share/contrib/postgis-2.0.
>
> The question is: in order to create a Postgis extension inside my database, when in pgadmin I create a new extension, there is no Postgis option. Can I just copy what is in the Postgis-2.0 folder into /usr/local/pgsql-9.1/share/extension ?

No, you can't copy share/contrib/postgis-2.0 files to share/extensions.  It's very odd that you have no PostGIS extension files.  Try reinstalling just PostGIS, and you don't need to uninstall anything.