[postgis-users] Import Raster with 3 bands to PostgreSQL

José Pedro Santos zpsantos1 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 00:34:42 PST 2012

Hi Pierre,

In QGIS and yes, QGIS interpret the images with 3 bands because I can see the image but when I import to PostgreSQL and try to see the result I can't.

What is the difference between a image and a raster?? both have pixel values but image have from 0 to 255 so are equal and raster2pgsql work fine with that. I guess that only import the first band values and not the others so there’s the problem I think...that’s why I ask.

Thanks anyway.

Regards
José Santos