[postgis-users] Import Raster with 3 bands to PostgreSQL

José Pedro Santos zpsantos1 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 00:41:07 PST 2012

Hi Mauricio,

I have one raster with 3 bands. I can see perfectly the layer in QGIS. When I import to PostgreSQL with the raster2pgsql command works fine but when I try to visualize the layer both in browser as WMS service or in QGIS I don't have any information is like when I import to PostgreSQL he merge the values in one band (despite the QGIS said that the layer have 3 bands and the GDAL info also says the same). Basically I would like to know if there’s a problem when import 3 bands raster files to PostgreSQL with the raster2pgsql command.

Many thanks,
Regards,
José Santos