[postgis-users] CityGML in PostGIS - 3D City Database released

Felix Kunde felix-kunde at gmx.de
Wed Dec 12 10:48:29 PST 2012

Hi Babou

I'm happy to hear that you're starting tests with the 3D City Database in PostGIS. I've thought my little tutorial was easy to understand. But let me help you out.

First of all: PostGIS version 2.0 is mandatory for the 3D City Database. It will not work with PostGIS 1.4! PostgreSQL 8.4 is ok.

>From your screenshot I can see that the database you have created ('citydb') has no PostGIS elements inside. No functions etc. Create a new database using a PostGIS 2.0 template (template_postgis_20 or postgis20) or add the PostGIS extensions.

Then you have to set up the database with a script. This is explained in detail in the tutorial (Step 4 on page 14). You can edit and execute the batchfile CREATE_DB.bat to make it a bit easier. The script will create all tables and also the additional schema 'geodb_pkg'. Only then you will be able to connect to your 3D City Database with the Importer/Exporter tool.

Any further questions?

cheers
Felix

-------- Original-Nachricht --------