[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.0 instalation problem

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Dec 19 07:33:42 PST 2012

Well I tried it on a windows xp 32-bit.  It was running 9.1.4 2.0.0.  So
first upgraded to 2.0.1 via stackbuilder (it did give me a failure) which
was odd. Then upgraded to 9.1.7 and my 2.0.1 for some reason was fine then.

To rule out issue with a clean 9.1.7 and postgis overwriting binaries I
uninstalled 9.1.7 and postgis (whiche required reboot) , deleted the whole
PostgreSQL  folder, reinstalled 9.1.7, then 2.0.1 via stackbuilder.  All
seemed to go fine.

It's possible I have something else installed on this machine it's using,
but it does rule out XP alone being an issue.

1) Did you try rebooting your pc afterward?
2) Which service pack are you running on windows xp.
3) What virus software -- I've seen for example (I think it was Norton)
delete some postgresql files on one machine thus preventing postgresql from
starting.

Hope that helps,
Regina

  _____