[postgis-users] CityGML in PostGIS - 3D City Database released

Felix Kunde felix-kunde at gmx.de
Fri Dec 21 06:48:58 PST 2012

Hey Babou

I've never tripped over this kind of error before. It looks pretty clear:
The substitution variable for your second input parameter could not be
interpreted. Take a look in CREATE_DB.sql in a text editor. Line 50:

INSERT INTO DATABASE_SRS(SRID,GML_SRS_NAME) VALUES (:SRS_NO,:'GMLSRSNAME');

SRS_NO and GMLSRSNAME are variables defined by your prompt inputs. By using
colons (:) the variables should be replaced by the values you've entered.
In the error message you can see, that this happened for SRS_NO but not for
GMLSRSNAME. I'm sorry, I can't help you with this one. It always worked on
german and english machines. I don't know if the error is caused by french
settings as the ' is interpreted differently. I asked another PostgreSQL
board but got no answer yet. I let you know if I got any news.

Alternatively you can change the file by hardcoding Line 50 to e.g.
INSERT INTO DATABASE_SRS(SRID,GML_SRS_NAME) VALUES (:SRS_NO,'someText');

In fact the value for GML_SRS_NAME is not a mandatory one. It was not my
idea. I've just ported it that way to the PostGIS version.

Good luck.
Felix