[postgis-users] Simple Line Density

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon Dec 24 16:22:23 PST 2012

Jeff,

Did you see my reply using vessel tracklines as vectors & a grid in Postgis to do exactly what you describe?

Given we were looking at benthic impact, we buffered the tracklines to create polygons representing the swept area of the deployed fishing gear. These were clipped by the cells, & we could generate statistics suca as the cumulative swept area of all tracks with each cell, number of times each cell was crossed, & given the tracklines have a timestamp associated with them, we could also look at the temporal pattern of tracks crossing cells, for things like seasonal impacts & variation between seasons.

Cheers,

  Brent Wood