[postgis-users] Installing a fully functional PostGIS 2.0 on

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Mon Feb 6 16:33:48 PST 2012

I agree with the preceding message. On Debian Squeeze, to get an
operational GDAL, I need to edit the ldconfig configuration after the
installation from source of GDAL. Here is how I proceed:

# At first:
/sbin/ldconfig -p | grep gdal
# shows nothing...

# Checkt that GDAL libraries are in /usr/local/lib/:
find /usr -name libgdal.so.1
# And add it to the ld.so.conf, as root:
echo '/usr/local/lib' >> /etc/ld.so.conf
ldconfig

# Now:
/sbin/ldconfig -p | grep gdal
# should give you something like that:
libgdal.so.1.9.0 (libc6) => /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1.9.0
libgdal.so.1 (libc6) => /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1
libgdal.so (libc6) => /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so

Mathieu.

Le 06/02/2012 19:26, Ing. Ramon Resendiz a écrit :
> My friend,
>
> Seems that you need edit your ldconfig configuration file (most of times locates on /etc directory) to point where is located your missing file at moment to compile, afer ran the command ldconfig, and then try to recompile again.
>
> Let me know if this work for you best regards,
>
> RR
> Enviado a través de BlackBerry de movistar
> --
> Ing. Ramon Resendiz

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, Post-Doc

~$ locate
Laboratoire d'Écologie Comportementale et de Conservation de la Faune
+ Centre d'Étude de la Forêt
Département de Biologie
Université Laval, Québec

~$ info
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
``If you can't win by reason, go for volume.''
Calvin, by Bill Watterson.