[postgis-users] Running postgis from apache user

Roberto Marzocchi roberto.marzocchi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 08:56:11 PST 2012

Dear all,

I have a general question concerning postgis/postgresql access as apache
user(www-data).

Within a pywps script I want to access to postgresql database using Grass
gis and I receive an error message:
"*ERROR 1: PostgreSQL ddriver doesn't currently support database creation.*"
I have already verified the correctness of the command running it from
normal unix user and I think the problem is a misconfiguration of
postgis/postgresql.
I have already modified the postgresql.conf file with the
line:*listen_address = '*'
*
and the pg_hba.conf file. Nevertheless I didn't obtain any appreciable
result. I don't understand what is the problem.

Thanks in advanced for the attention and best regards,
Roberto