[postgis-users] hard upgrade

S Racine syracine at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 13 01:47:25 PST 2012

How far I can remember, I don't think that postgis_restore.pl create geometry_columns table. This table is created when you run lwpostgis.sql (or simply postgis.sql) into a regular PostgreSQL database (populated with data or not). Don't forget to run also spatial_ref_sys.sql too in your database.

After restoring your data by postgis_restore.pl, you can populate your geometry_columns table by running 'SELECT populate_geometry_columns()' in any SQL editor. (I don't know if that command was there in PostGIS 1.4, but it is there in my PostGIS 1.5)

Sylvain Racine