[postgis-users] Raster and shapefile in POSTGIS

Zelio Fernandes zelio.fern at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 01:13:28 PST 2012

Hi,

i want to know how to import raster and shapefile in POSTGIS 2.0. However
after the installation i tried to create a dummy raster data from the
examples and it worked BUT i want to know  how to store raster and shapefile
in POSTGIS 2.0  database.

The following command which were given in postgis link
(http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-svn/using_raster.xml.html#RT_Loading_Rasters
)  did not worked

raster2pgsql -G  --- did not work

raster2pgsql -s 4236 -I -C -M *.tif -F -t 100x100 public.demelevation | psql
-d gisdb --- did not work

I executed above commands from commandline as wall as POSTGIS

*also provide me the link which provide detailed(step by step) information
about raster and shapefile import in POSTGIS 2.0*