[postgis-users] PostGIS Manager QGIS Plugin error

Kevin Goulding kevingoulding at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:21:50 PST 2012

I'm just now getting set up with a PostGIS database connected with QGIS.  A
few plugins are giving me errors when I try to connect to my database. I am
using Mac OS X 10.6.8 and QGIS 1.8.

When I try to connect to my PostGIS database using the "PostGIS Manager"
plugin, I receive the following error:

> *“Couldn’t connect to database: missing “=” after “‘” in connection info
> string”.*

Any thoughts?  I will add that I have successfully added PostGIS layers to
my project, but now want to start using pgRouting, so need to connect to
the database.  I receive the exact same error when attempting to use the
"pgRouting Layer" plugin.

Thanks! Kevin