[postgis-users] postgis upgrade functions question

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Mon Feb 20 11:05:06 PST 2012

I recently upgraded to PostGIS alpha5 version (using Postgres 9.0.2) on
Windows.   I believe I performed a hard upgrade (dumped my old database,
ran postgis install scripts into a new database, import previous database
dump.)   All seemed to work well.

Now, I am working with raster data.  I loaded a test raster fine.  When I
tried to access that data, I received "ERROR:  function st_value(raster,
geometry) is not unique".   When I checked through pgAdmin, I see about
1026 functions in my database.  ST_Value is in there 8 times with different
variations, some with the same number of arguments.

Could this be because when I exported my old database, I used pg_dumpall,
which included the functions, on top of what was already there?  As a fix,
could I simply delete all of the functions through pgAdmin, then
run postgis-pg90-binaries-2.0.0alpha5\share\contrib\postgis-2.0\
postgis.sql and rtpostgis.sql?

- John

John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware