[postgis-users] extra function?

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Wed Feb 22 13:39:25 PST 2012

Steve,

I had a similar issue.  If you look at your list of functions (say through
pgAdmin), you'll probably see multiple instances of that function.  If the
same function is listed more than once, with the same number and type of
arguments, then it will (I think?) report as not unique.  In that case, I
manually deleted the duplicate functions, and then added them back.  To add
them back, look inside the rt_postgis.sql (or postgis.sql) file than comes
with the distribution (I'm using alpha5).  you'll see all of the functions
in there.  Just cut and paste the necessary CREATE OR REPLACE statements
for your functions into the Query Tool or psql console window.

- John

John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware