[postgis-users] The PostGIS Blog project

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 07:31:54 PST 2012

Hi Pierre,

In Brazil we have this sort of blogs and these multi-author blogs are
becoming very common. It's a good thing :D

The PostGIS Blog is a good a idea. Let me know if you need help.

George

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Pierre Racine <Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> With the venue of PostGIS 2.0, I was thinking about starting a new blog to
> teach a bit about PostGIS Raster but with the proliferation of blogs,
> everybody in its corner, I was thinking that it would be much better for
> the project to have a multi author blog uniquely devoted to and aggregating
> posts about PostGIS. Authors often blogging about PostGIS (like Paul and
> Regina) could concentrate their post about PostGIS there. We could accept
> occasional posts from advanced users and repost posts made by others. That
> would be a kind of one-stop blog for PostGIS. We could name it "The PostGIS
> Blog".
>
> I know some of you might prefer to keep your post in your own blog for
> visibility reasons but we could give you a comparable (or better)
> visibility in the new blog by making the association with a company clear
> and put the picture of the author. We could also make clear promotional add
> type boxes to the respective authors' organizations.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Pierre

George R. C. Silva

Desenvolvimento em GIS