[postgis-users] Unable to laod "C:/Program Files (x86)/PostgreSQL/9.1/lib/postgis-1.5.dll" unknown error 998

Sebastian Matyas smatyas7 at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 25 08:20:14 PST 2012

Dear all,

I recently ran into a weird error for which I cannot find a solution
(tried Google and such) adn I could really use your help.
I installed posgresql 9.1 and postgis 1.5.3 on a Windiws Server 2008
R2 (64bit) machine and for some time everything went fine. Then two
days ago I was not able to view any data table that used the geography
data type anymore though I didn´t change anything on the server or the
postgis configuration.

When I then tried to analyze or dump the database I getan error which
says that psql was not able to laod the postgis-1.5.dll (unknown error
998) which is strange as the dll is located in the directory which is
given in the error message. I also deinstalled postgis and tried to
install it again but then I get the same error message.

Please help me cause I cannot find a solution and I really need the data...

Best regards
Sebastian Matyas