[postgis-users] ERD (Entity Relation Diagram) and reverse engineering tool.

DrYSG ygutfreund at draper.com
Tue Jan 3 09:09:02 PST 2012

Now that I have PostGreSQL, PostGIS, and a database installed, I wanted to
try out some ERD tools to see what is happening inside of it (20M records,
20 tables).

I stumbled on this open source tool: http://www.sqlpower.ca/page/architect
which looks simple enough, and has lot of features, screenshots, and video
tutorials.

But I was curious if you have something else that you recommend for looking
at PostGreSQL databases.

Here is the PostGreSQL wiki where I found it:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools

I would not mind if we had to pay $100 - $200 for a tool either, it does not
have to be free.

Another one that looks interesting is RISE:

http://www.risetobloome.com/Page_1_S.aspx?ITEM=1853
http://www.risetobloome.com/Page_1_S.aspx?ITEM=1355