[postgis-users] Make Check fails

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Tue Jan 31 07:54:51 PST 2012

Le 31/01/2012 10:45, Andreas Forø Tollefsen a écrit :
> Thank you Mathieu!
>
> That did it. Could you explain what the commands excactly do, so i know
> next time?

 From the man page of ldconfig:

"ldconfig  creates,  updates,  and removes the necessary links and cache
(for use by the run-time linker,  ld.so)  to  the  most  recent  shared
libraries  found  in  the directories specified on the command line, in the
file /etc/ld.so.conf, and in the trusted directories (/usr/lib  and /lib)."

As far as I can tell, it is required to declare where the shared libraries
(.so) are. And it seems that some systems (at least Debian for what I can
tell) do not use /usr/local/lib, but just /usr/lib and /lib.

The command:
	echo '/usr/local/lib' >> /etc/ld.so.conf
just add '/usr/local/lib' at the end of the file /etc/ld.so.conf, so that
the system can use /usr/local/lib as a path for the shared libraries. It is
then re-processed by the call of ldconfig.

Mathieu.